Charles Deering Legacy Society
Individuals and families who include Summa Health in their wills or estate plans or have arranged an endowment gift of $50,000 and above are honored through membership in the Charles Deering Legacy Society, named for the local industrialist whose significant bequest in 1914 led to the founding of Summa St. Thomas Hospital. By planning a gift today that will benefit Summa patients tomorrow, you join an elite circle of friends and supporters who are helping to keep locally controlled, high-quality healthcare here in Akron.
Your gift will impact generations and uphold the examples set by Charles Deering and other founding philanthropists. Their extraordinary gifts, combined with more than a century of consistent community support from donors like you, have revolutionized healthcare opportunities in Akron.
As a member of the Charles Deering Legacy Society, you will receive:
- Invitations to the annual Summa Society Celebration and other special events sponsored by Summa Health.
- SummaDirect membership includes personal support and facilitated access to physicians and specialists at Summa Health, priority inpatient accommodations and complimentary valet parking and garage access. (limited to gift commitments of $25,000 and above).
- Mailings and publications featuring the latest Summa Health news.
- Recognition in the Annual Honor Roll of Donors and other print and online publications (unless you request anonymity).
- Confidence in knowing that your future gift designation is known and documented and will create a personal and lasting legacy in your name.
If you have already included Summa Health in your estate plans, please contact us, or complete a confidential Charles Deering Legacy Society Gift Form and return it to Barbara R. Boyce, Senior Director of Gift Planning, Summa Health Foundation.
Membership in the Charles Deering Legacy Society creates no obligation. If you decide to change your plans at any time in the future, simply notify us.